January 13, 2013

2013.

Assalamualaykum.

This is going to be my first post of 2013. And I, for one, am not going to wish you 'happy new year'. So my apologies for that.

Let me now do a little review of how 2012 went for me.

It was as usual not good alhamdulillaah, I do not think I have made any amount of improvement to my worldly life or my life in the hereafter. And Allaah knows best.

On the brighter side of the picture, 2012 is past now. I can now in sha Allaah open a fresh new account.

Being the optimist that I am, I always tend to look ahead and forget what is left behind. For I cannot change the past but I can surely make a change in what is to come in the future. And as a matter of fact, that is what really matters. Some companion of prophet(s.) once said, 'I don't care how many sins I have in my account from the past for I know Allaah will forgive them, but I am terrified of my last deed. Because that is going to decide if I will be in jannah or jahannam.'


The last deed is the most important deed in a person's life. Simply the thought of it gives me the creeps. But we human beings were created forgetful. In fact, the Arabic word 'insan' means forgetful subhan Allaah. Primarily, this is the reason why we are in great need of reminders.

'Verily, reminders benefit the believers.'

No comments:

Post a Comment