January 29, 2013

Irresistible ForcesIrresistible Forces by Danielle Steel

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Hmm. Even though I am not entirely a big fan of reading airport novels, I do, however think if one does not read them they would be left wondering what is good literature. Anyhow, this book.....Irresistible Forces, is in fact, a total trash. As worse as it gets. Now, am I sounding too rude?

Well, if you read the book yourself and give a sincere thought you would be the first one to agree with me. And by the way, this is the second novel by Steel I read. The first one, though, I could not finish. Given the things she writes, one who is not used to reading trash would find her to be a bore!

And as usual, all she has to talk to about is infidelity and 10 ways of becoming a "pro-infidel". She should be giving wiki 'how to' advices really!

On the bright side, however, you learn a valuable lesson from the story. The protagonists of the story Steven Whitman and Meredith Whitman are happily married, except for the fact that they are not really happy when it comes to seeing each other. As in, they do not get to see each other often even in the weekends. Either he is off duty and she is working or the vice versa. And their high-tech big deal working schedule takes the life out of them. And thus as it turns out, after fourteen years of being together the relationship falls apart!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment