April 23, 2020

Resuming my blog...finally

I haven't been writing on here for quite a while now. This 'quite a while' has been six years to be precise. Can you believe that? Je ne suis ecris beaucoup ( I am not writing a lot). My blogger's block seems to be neverending. It is frustrating considering the fact that I was once a full-time staff writer of a national English language daily here in Bangladesh. This block is partly responsible for my laziness to put my mind to this certain activity. What I am really active and gung-ho about is watching movies (also very trashy ones at that). Thankfully, I have come to realize that I need to completely quit TV viewing. Once and for all. There is hard evidence that TV is a perfect recipe for killing productivity.


However, giving up a habit is easier said that done. It needs strength of character and will of iron. And the reason for doing so will also have to be valid. As long as I am concerned, it's so valid that I don't even want to think it twice. All I need to do is focus on writing and reading more. And at the end of the day, this is what I do best.

What can I write about going forward? Well, I can write about my language learning adventures on Duolingo for one. What do you say? Would you be interested in that? Let me know. Or I can also write about my predicament of being confused about what to write. Maybe? But don't worry since I have returned from this long hiatus, ideas will eventually flow in sha Allaah :)

Although I must say this Covid19 lockdown has been boring and at the same time overstrung, it's been a blessing in disguise in that it has gotten me back into writing.


Let's just pray my posts are regular from now on rather than sporadic.

2 comments:

  1. It was not that boring when you get unlimited time to spend with your family especially with your 6 months old daughter.

    ReplyDelete