May 02, 2020

How do you make Dalgona Coffee?

During this lockdown due to Covid19, people have been making different food and drinks to help with the boredom. Of all these things, most people have particularly been more interested in Dalgona coffee. So what is this Dalgona Coffee? I searched a bit and found that this partcular coffee is somehow or the other related to the country of South Korea. You might want to read more about it here


Anyway the beautiful thing really got me interested and made me want to have a go at it and surprise my wife :)

The procedure is pretty simple. You will need equal amount of coffee bean, sugar, and hot water. It's something like this:

1. Take two spoonfools of coffee in a cup/bowl or whatever (any brand shoud do, but I found Tim Hortons gets frothy faster)

2. Take two spoonfools of sugar

3. Two spoonfools of very hot water

4. Now stir, stir, stir and stir some more for 7-8 minutes until the color lightens and gets frothy. [We mostly used spoon and sometimes manual beater, but I recommend using electric beater as its faster and less laborous]

5. Prepare hot milk and put the froth on top of it and voila you are done! Look how I did in the picture below :D







No comments:

Post a Comment